Dear Jeff Lake Camp Families,
We are thrilled to announce that Jeff Lake Camp will be opening on July 13th.
Thank you for your patience as we did all of our research.
Will Jeff Lake look and feel different this summer? Yes, it will. Yet, the spirit and foundation of camp will still be the same. Your camper will swim, play sports, tap into their creative side in art, music and dance, and enjoy the activities on our lake. Most importantly, campers will re-connect and engage with their friends in the fresh air on our expansive campus.
Please see below for the Jeff Lake Camp Safety and Wellness Handbook for 2020. It is important that you read it carefully. It outlines in detail the protocols that we will be following and will give you a good understanding of how camp will operate.
JEFF LAKE CAMP
SAFETY AND WELLNESS HANDBOOK 2020
HERE ARE SOME OF THE SIGNIFICANT DETAILS:
- Campers will be picked up and dropped off at a central location near your home.
- Large buses will be used to allow for social distancing.
- Windows will be open. Air Conditioning cannot be used.
- Campers and staff are required to wear masks on the bus.
- Camper and staff temperatures will be checked prior to boarding the bus.
- Lunch will be served in several dining locations to allow social distancing between groups.
- Group Size will be determined by the NJ DOH Guidelines. Anticipate smaller group size.
- 3-5 groups will function as a "Pod".
- If the weather forecast predicts a significant and prolonged rain, camp will be cancelled for that day.
CAMPER HEALTH AND WELL BEING
- A rigorous disinfecting program will be in place following DOH Guidelines.
- Health Care Guidelines in accordance with the DOH are outlined in the Handbook
ASSUMPTION OF RISK DOCUMENT:
All parents will be required to sign this document. It will be available in your MY JLC Account.
It has been a long road for all of us. Please know that we will work tirelessly to give your campers the summer experience that they all need. We will be asking a lot of ourselves, and of you, in order to maintain the health and well-being of the Jeff Lake community. We appreciate the complexity of this decision and support any choice that you believe is best for your family.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email, as we are still working remotely.
All our best,
Sue, Justin, Jill, Emily and Adam
UPDATED 2020 Dates & Fees